The Color Splash app allows the focus to be on what the child is actually learning and accomplishing by coloring the parts of the photo in which you want to focus. A caption can be added to include the words of the child as he/she discusses the process of what is being learned or explored. This provides an insightful glance into the learning that is taking place during hands-on learning activities. Pictures should be hung at the students’ eye-level to spark conversations, reflections on their learning and encourage others to recreate and expand on the process.
Here's a spot for us to share with each other any thoughts, inspirations etc.
- Journey into Pre-K and K Blog
- Welcome Page
- Open Ended Questions: Digger Deeper
- Why Play?
- Kindergarten Free Choice Play Time
- Dramatic Play
- The Importance of Block Play
- Inspiring Environments
- Science and Literacy
- Math Exploration through Play
- The Power of Art
- Assessment and Documentation
- Honoring Children and Their Families
- Using Children's Names
- Shared Reading
- Various Pictures
- ILASCD March 2017 and 2018 Conference Handouts
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
This license allows you to download the materials and share them with others as long as you credit Debra Honegger, but no portion of the materials can be used or distributed commercially.